November 30, 2017 1:44 pm
FACT: Positive thoughts & mindset will produce positive actions and results!
When you’re in a position to complain about anything, you’re also in a position to do something positive about it. And that’s a whole lot more effective than complaining. If you have a good reason to be frustrated, you also have a good reason to point the energy of that frustration in a positive direction. By doing so, you’d be amazed by change you’re able to create!
Whenever something is frustrating you, (ice time, coaching criticism, teammate issues, your performance, etc.) you’re highly motivated to find a way to move beyond it. Harness the energy of that frustration to improve the situation or to grow yourself beyond it. Any time you experience disappointment, you’ve learned a valuable lesson. From there you can go forward, and make that disappointment into a positive turning point. Every day, life comes your way, and it’s impossible to predict or control what’s’ to come. Yet no matter what you get, you always have the choice of what to do with it.
No matter what, never lose the positivity!!!
November 16, 2017 4:24 am
Friendly reminder this years Holiday OHP Cares Event is right around the corner! In partnership with the amazing Ohio Guidestone, as well as host Pro Sports Performance, we’ll be assisting in sponsoring nearly 50 families this Holiday season. We hope to make the Holidays a whole lot brighter for some local families in need!
ANY OHP Athletes, Families, & Friends
Toy collection & Family Holiday Sponsoring
Gift Collection – Wed. Nov 22 & Fri. Nov. 24 // 8:00am-2:00pm
@Barons Arena. 5310 Hauserman Rd, 44130
(Bins will be out during Drop-in Thanksgiving Skills Sessions)
Gift Wrapping Party – Sunday, Dec. 3 // 5:00-8:00pm
@Pro Sports Performance. 11985 Prospect Rd
Strongsville, OH. 44149
We can all make our community and world that much greater with a little extra love and thoughtfulness this holiday season!
Want to get involved? Here’s how:
Contact: Margaret via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or directly at 216-392-4060.
We can’t to make an amazing impact this Holiday Season with everyone!!!
November 15, 2017 1:59 pm
As we make the stretch into the holiday season now is a GREAT time to save big on buying equipment. Another being in the spring as the season comes to a close. Here are a few pointers to be mindful of as you maximize your savings:
- Look beyond the marketing
- Spoiler alert: the “new & improved”, “2.0”, “next level”, “super-charged” models are nothing more than that company’s marketing efforts to push the latest model. Last year’s model will work just fine. Believe me!
- Do you homework
- Explore options. Compare and contrast pricing. Inquire if your local retailer offers a price match option.
- Shop for the future
- If your athlete loves a certain piece of equipment, why not a buy a size big, or an extra stick and throw it in the closet for a rainy day…
As you’re hunting down the next great buy, be sure to check out what our Partners at Perani’s Hockey World and Dick’s Sporting Goods have to offer.
Happy savings this holiday season!
November 1, 2017 4:23 pm
In the midst of all of these amazing (and potentially unhealthy) holidays, now is a great time to realign our perspective and evaluate the purpose of our dryland workouts.
Off-ice workouts, also known as “dryland workouts” are a very unrated and often, under-appreciated activity. Its has been great to see so many different teams and programs allocate time for dryland training. However, its critical to understand some of the awesome benefits that establishing a sound dryland routine brings:
- Shifts our mental focus to “preparation mode.”
- Prepares our bodies for performance
- Minimizes injury
- Develops key motor skills and physical movement that builds the foundation for muscular growth and skilled athletic development.
- Phenomenal precursor to future strength training, not only for sports performance purposes, but for a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.