Become A Student Of The Game!
April 5, 2022 3:53 pm
Often, you’ll hear the phrase “be a student of the game”, but does your athlete truly understand the meaning of this. The impact of living this this idea to its fullest can be profound! No different than our effort and application in the classroom at school the same needs to be done around the sport.
- “Listen” don’t “hear”
- Take the coaching and apply it! Listen and embody the lessons being taught, don’t just hear the coach and settle back to your ways. Coachablity is KEY!
- “Watch + learn” don’t “space out”
- Be totally engaged in the process of learning. When a drill is being done by others watch it like a hawk. The amount of growth that can be done simply by watching and learning from others positives and negatives is a difference maker in your development.
- What are you doing when no one is watching?
- The commitment to your craft cannot be a part time thing. If you have sincere goals about achieving great things in the sport then your commitment off the ice needs to be as sincere as those goals. Shooting-stick handling at home daily, a healthy diet, working on your athleticism, constant self-reflection; not only on your goals but with your mindset and mental approach to your growth.
There is NO better than moment than right now to develop your off-season plan and lay the foundation to become an “A” student of the game!