Hockey gear doesn’t have to STINK!January 14, 2019 5:08 pm
Let’s face it… Hockey gear can flat out stink! I used to love the negative comments made by friends and family about my hockey aroma. I would always respond with a simple, “that’s the smell of hard work and commitment, You’re Welcome!”
Here’s some great tips that will go a long way in preventing long term nasal damage from your athlete’s hard work and commitment:
- Wash the “Soft Gear”
- Little known fact: The majority of your hockey gear can go in the washing machine. Of course, underwear gets the regular wash…
- Gloves – Elbow pads – Shin pad liners – Shoulder Pads can be washed on a gentle setting using warm water with little to no detergent.
- NEVER USE THE DRYER, simply hang to air dry.
- Disinfect the “Hard Gear”
- Items that missed out on the bath get the regular disinfectant shower: Helmet – Skates – Pants
- AIR IT OUT
- Be sure your athlete is hanging their gear so it fully dries! Fun fact: removing the insoles of your skates greatly increases the longevity and durability of your skates, plus greatly aides in killing bacteria!
Here’s to a stink-free hockey future!
Tags: cleaning hockey gear, Cleveland hockey, Cleveland monsters, development, hockey, hockey bag, hockey gear, Ohio hockey project, ohp, pro tips, Russ Sinkewich, the project, washing hockey gear
This post was written by Russ Sinkewich