November 30, 2017 1:44 pm
FACT: Positive thoughts & mindset will produce positive actions and results!
When you’re in a position to complain about anything, you’re also in a position to do something positive about it. And that’s a whole lot more effective than complaining. If you have a good reason to be frustrated, you also have a good reason to point the energy of that frustration in a positive direction. By doing so, you’d be amazed by change you’re able to create!
Whenever something is frustrating you, (ice time, coaching criticism, teammate issues, your performance, etc.) you’re highly motivated to find a way to move beyond it. Harness the energy of that frustration to improve the situation or to grow yourself beyond it. Any time you experience disappointment, you’ve learned a valuable lesson. From there you can go forward, and make that disappointment into a positive turning point. Every day, life comes your way, and it’s impossible to predict or control what’s’ to come. Yet no matter what you get, you always have the choice of what to do with it.
No matter what, never lose the positivity!!!
November 16, 2017 4:24 am
Friendly reminder this years Holiday OHP Cares Event is right around the corner! In partnership with the amazing Ohio Guidestone, as well as host Pro Sports Performance, we’ll be assisting in sponsoring nearly 50 families this Holiday season. We hope to make the Holidays a whole lot brighter for some local families in need!
ANY OHP Athletes, Families, & Friends
Toy collection & Family Holiday Sponsoring
Gift Collection – Wed. Nov 22 & Fri. Nov. 24 // 8:00am-2:00pm
@Barons Arena. 5310 Hauserman Rd, 44130
(Bins will be out during Drop-in Thanksgiving Skills Sessions)
Gift Wrapping Party – Sunday, Dec. 3 // 5:00-8:00pm
@Pro Sports Performance. 11985 Prospect Rd
Strongsville, OH. 44149
We can all make our community and world that much greater with a little extra love and thoughtfulness this holiday season!
Want to get involved? Here’s how:
Contact: Margaret via email: email@example.com or directly at 216-392-4060.
We can’t to make an amazing impact this Holiday Season with everyone!!!
November 15, 2017 1:59 pm
As we make the stretch into the holiday season now is a GREAT time to save big on buying equipment. Another being in the spring as the season comes to a close. Here are a few pointers to be mindful of as you maximize your savings:
- Look beyond the marketing
- Spoiler alert: the “new & improved”, “2.0”, “next level”, “super-charged” models are nothing more than that company’s marketing efforts to push the latest model. Last year’s model will work just fine. Believe me!
- Do you homework
- Explore options. Compare and contrast pricing. Inquire if your local retailer offers a price match option.
- Shop for the future
- If your athlete loves a certain piece of equipment, why not a buy a size big, or an extra stick and throw it in the closet for a rainy day…
As you’re hunting down the next great buy, be sure to check out what our Partners at Perani’s Hockey World and Dick’s Sporting Goods have to offer.
Happy savings this holiday season!
November 1, 2017 4:23 pm
In the midst of all of these amazing (and potentially unhealthy) holidays, now is a great time to realign our perspective and evaluate the purpose of our dryland workouts.
Off-ice workouts, also known as “dryland workouts” are a very unrated and often, under-appreciated activity. Its has been great to see so many different teams and programs allocate time for dryland training. However, its critical to understand some of the awesome benefits that establishing a sound dryland routine brings:
- Shifts our mental focus to “preparation mode.”
- Prepares our bodies for performance
- Minimizes injury
- Develops key motor skills and physical movement that builds the foundation for muscular growth and skilled athletic development.
- Phenomenal precursor to future strength training, not only for sports performance purposes, but for a well-rounded healthy lifestyle.
October 16, 2017 2:38 pm
With one the biggest unhealthy binge-eating holidays in Halloween right around the corner, what better time than now to share some insightful points on a well-balanced diet. It should be no secret a healthy, well-balanced diet is the foundation for not only a healthy lifestyle but equally for optimum sports performance. Here’s a great article from our friends at BodyBuilding.com that clearly outlines optimal Pre – During – Post nutrition options.
Pre-During-Post Nutrition Suggestions
Have a safe and fun Halloween! We’re looking forward to seeing everyone at upcoming skills sessions in the weeks to come!
October 3, 2017 2:27 pm
A pre-game routine is a critical form of preparation for practices, workouts, games, and a successful season! Pre-game routines (dynamic warmus) get your body and your mind right for as consistent and successful of a performance as possible. Your athlete’s pre-game routine should be focused around a few simple guiding points:
- Pre Performance Nutrition
- We need to feed the machine! A well-balanced diet, especially the 2-3 hours before practice, workout, and play a game is essential to an optimum physical output!
- Pre Dynamic Warm-up
- A simple 5-10 min active movement comprised of off-ice warm-up exercises warms up our bodies and minimizes the risk of injuries.
- Mental Visualization
- From walking through in-game scenarios, to simple positive self-talk and reflection of what our game goals and objectives are, is absolutely critical as we prepare our mind to be firing on all cylinders going into our performance!
As your athlete progresses and advances up the hockey pyramid so should their pre-game routine and approach to preparing for success!
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
September 14, 2017 12:29 pm
There are a lot of roads to ultimately find success in what we do. However, after a career of ups and downs, successes and failures I feel confident that the recipe for success hinges on a few of these main factors:
- Our attitude determines our altitude in life! The power of a positive mindset can accomplish unbelievable things!
- Work Ethic
- Our work ethic is the most under-rated skill out there. Take pride in never being outworked!
- Love what you do. Let it become an obsession!
What better time than now to cook up an amazing pre-season, and put this recipe to the test!
September 1, 2017 7:30 pm
A new season! A fresh start, a clean slate! You only get one shot at this! Make the most of it! Start the year off the right way:
• Set Goals!
Some short term, easily attainable, others, big picture and months away from achieving.
• Set the Tone!
What better time than TODAY! Each and every one of us can dictate our individual focus level, effort level, coachability, and attitude. It’s all about the action!
• Develop the routine & game plan
Success will always follow detailed preparation. Set your athlete up to be as successful as possible this season!
Let your off-season training take over this fall! We’re so excited to watch everyone’s progress and growth this year! Make the 2017-18 season YOUR YEAR!!!
June 1, 2017 3:01 pm
As everyone prepares for an awesome off-season ahead we wanted to leave you with a few of the most impactful quotes we’ve learned first hand along our journey in the sport.
“Success will always come from the details and the willingness to do them.”
~Brent Thompson, New York Islanders Asst. Coach
“You’re either passing someone, or you’re getting passed. Everyday.”
~Jeff Blashill, Detroit Red Wings Head Coach
“Without a plan, a goal is just a wish!”
We’re looking forward to an AMAZING off-season this summer!
May 18, 2017 2:02 am
OHP Pro Tip // Refuse to be outworked!
A very common question we field is “what does it take to make it?” That answer is simple; REFUSE TO BE OUTWORKED! From a Mite playing cross-ice games on Sundays to any superstar we idolize in the National Hockey League; we always admire and identify those athlete’s who’s work ethic jumps off the page!
Effort level/work ethic is the hardest skill to learn. However, effort level & work ethic is so unique in the fact that its purely comes down to mental strength, focus, and one’s internal drive! The quicker we can teach our athletes to dominate this skill the better off they’ll be; inside the glass and in their lives after hockey!
“Always be the hardest worker in the room!”