Prioritize Your Recovery!January 16, 2018 3:09 pm
Now that we’re deep into the grind of our season’s demands; feeling beaten up, tired, sore, and physically-emotionally drained are all part of the process of your development. Now more than ever you need to make your recovery a priority! Here’s a few pieces of advice that will pay off huge for your athlete!
- Nutrition, Nutrition, Nutrition!!!
- You’ve got to fuel your efforts with a well-balance diet! A majority of our on and off-ice goals will come from our discipline in the kitchen and at the table!
- It’s amazing what a 7-8hr night of sound sleep can do for your body. Make your bedtime a priority!
- Let’s be honest we all neglect this! No question the pre-workout/skate dynamic warmup is essential. But who’s stretching beyond this…? Take 5 minutes out of your night to roll through a quick lower body sequence before you go to bed! It’s a game changer!
- Mental Approach!
- Yes, the power of the mind! When you leave the rink, leave the mental baggage there too! Allow your mind to change the channel to your other happy places of friends, family, and passions.
Keep pushing through the final month and a half of the season!!!
Tags: Cleveland hockey, Cleveland monsters, hockey, news, nutrition, Ohio hockey project, ohp, pro tips, Recovery, Russ Sinkewich, the project
Categorised in: Announcements, Pro Tip
This post was written by Russ Sinkewich