June 1, 2018 1:55 pm
Your approach to the off-season is everything for your athlete’s development. Long-term strides of improvement and achieving your goals are ultimately made during the off-season! Here are a few key points of emphasis to work through as you move into your off-season:
- Develop your game plan
- Devise a plan of attack in exactly how you’re going to help your athlete make the necessary gains during the off time. Raw skill development & improvement, off-ice performance training, NUTRITION habits, balancing other commitments. Many of these topics should be discussed, and a plan needs to be established.
- Set your goals
- What specifically are you going to improve? How are you going to accomplish it? Small more easily attainable goals lead to larger more lofty accomplishments!
- Commit to the “process”
- Once you’ve built your game plan and set your goals, commit to whatever it takes to achieving your goals! If it was easy, everyone would be playing in the NHL. Stay Determined. Stay Hungry. Stay Humble. Never lose sight of the fun!
We can’t wait to support you in a rewarding off-season of work and accomplishments!!!
May 14, 2018 3:22 pm
Overlooking the present is something we’re all guilty of from time to time. Of course, we need to be cognizant of future opportunities. Take our word for it; years from now when you reflect on the journey, game records, tryout pressures, and so many other minor stressors won’t even be remembered. You’ll be left with the memories from the amazing experiences, life lessons, and relationships the great game of hockey affords us all! Focus on maximizing those TODAY!
The more present we are today, the more attainable the goals of tomorrow will become! Seize the day, enjoy the moment!
March 14, 2018 5:36 pm
Consistency is KEY! Any player can go out and have a great game from time to time. However, a really special player can do it weekend after weekend throughout a season. Consistent performance will ultimately develop from a few critical foundational points.
- Practice habits, off-ice training, nutrition, focus level in the locker room, rest away from the rink, being a student of the game, and oh yea-Practice Habits!!!
- Set your mind to be successful. Change the channel on the negative, and harness the power of the positive thoughts! I’m a huge fan of positive self-talk: “You’re going to be great today, be the best version of yourself!”
- Trust your training! Confidence comes from within. Lock in the mindset and lean on your preparation and the confidence will surely follow!
November 30, 2017 1:44 pm
FACT: Positive thoughts & mindset will produce positive actions and results!
When you’re in a position to complain about anything, you’re also in a position to do something positive about it. And that’s a whole lot more effective than complaining. If you have a good reason to be frustrated, you also have a good reason to point the energy of that frustration in a positive direction. By doing so, you’d be amazed by change you’re able to create!
Whenever something is frustrating you, (ice time, coaching criticism, teammate issues, your performance, etc.) you’re highly motivated to find a way to move beyond it. Harness the energy of that frustration to improve the situation or to grow yourself beyond it. Any time you experience disappointment, you’ve learned a valuable lesson. From there you can go forward, and make that disappointment into a positive turning point. Every day, life comes your way, and it’s impossible to predict or control what’s’ to come. Yet no matter what you get, you always have the choice of what to do with it.
No matter what, never lose the positivity!!!