September 9, 2019 4:38 pm
A new season! A fresh start, a clean slate! You only get one first impression – Make the most of it! Start the year off the right way:
o Some short term, easily attainable, others, big picture and months away from achieving. Speak them into existence!
o What better time than TODAY to take action! Don’t ease into the year, get after it early!
o Success will always follow preparation. Set your athlete up to be as successful as possible this season! Academics, Practice + Games, Nutrition, and Rest + Recovery should all be highlighted in the game plan!
Let your off-season training take over this fall! We’re so excited to watch everyone’s growth and goal crushing efforts this season!
February 14, 2019 1:06 am
Being a Swiss Army Knife – The ultimate compliment!Simply, this is a player’s ability to carry and excel at many skills. Sure, being very good at specific traits helps catch an early eye… However, the players that stand the test of time in their careers and ultimately “make it”,are the ones who have the capacity to bring many quality traits to the table at the same time that better their team. These (positive) shape shifting, utility players are ready and able to contribute however they’re called upon.
Swiss Army Knife Players are…
- Good at a number of skills. Versus only dominating one or two.
- Not hung up on what role they play on that team.
- Great teammates. Prioritizing how they can help the team.
- They can do a little bit of everything!
- Necessary on every successful roster.
Swiss Army Knife Player are NOT…
- Worried about their “role” or “place” on a team.
- Single skill focused.
Sure, every team can use a star… Never forget for every star on a team there’s 2-3 Swiss Army knife players that fly under the radar, that are an invaluable piece to that team’s success!
June 1, 2018 1:55 pm
Your approach to the off-season is everything for your athlete’s development. Long-term strides of improvement and achieving your goals are ultimately made during the off-season! Here are a few key points of emphasis to work through as you move into your off-season:
- Develop your game plan
- Devise a plan of attack in exactly how you’re going to help your athlete make the necessary gains during the off time. Raw skill development & improvement, off-ice performance training, NUTRITION habits, balancing other commitments. Many of these topics should be discussed, and a plan needs to be established.
- Set your goals
- What specifically are you going to improve? How are you going to accomplish it? Small more easily attainable goals lead to larger more lofty accomplishments!
- Commit to the “process”
- Once you’ve built your game plan and set your goals, commit to whatever it takes to achieving your goals! If it was easy, everyone would be playing in the NHL. Stay Determined. Stay Hungry. Stay Humble. Never lose sight of the fun!
We can’t wait to support you in a rewarding off-season of work and accomplishments!!!
March 14, 2018 5:36 pm
Consistency is KEY! Any player can go out and have a great game from time to time. However, a really special player can do it weekend after weekend throughout a season. Consistent performance will ultimately develop from a few critical foundational points.
- Practice habits, off-ice training, nutrition, focus level in the locker room, rest away from the rink, being a student of the game, and oh yea-Practice Habits!!!
- Set your mind to be successful. Change the channel on the negative, and harness the power of the positive thoughts! I’m a huge fan of positive self-talk: “You’re going to be great today, be the best version of yourself!”
- Trust your training! Confidence comes from within. Lock in the mindset and lean on your preparation and the confidence will surely follow!