Hockey gear doesn’t have to STINK!
Let’s face it… Hockey gear can flat out stink! I used to love the negative comments made by friends and family about my hockey aroma. I would always respond with a simple, “that’s the smell of hard work and commitment, You’re Welcome!”
Here’s some great tips that will go a long way in preventing long term nasal damage from your athlete’s hard work and commitment:
- Wash the “Soft Gear”
- Little known fact: The majority of your hockey gear can go in the washing machine. Of course, underwear gets the regular wash…
- Gloves – Elbow pads – Shin pad liners – Shoulder Pads can be washed on a gentle setting using warm water with little to no detergent.
- NEVER USE THE DRYER, simply hang to air dry.
- Disinfect the “Hard Gear”
- Items that missed out on the bath get the regular disinfectant shower: Helmet – Skates – Pants
- AIR IT OUT
- Be sure your athlete is hanging their gear so it fully dries! Fun fact: removing the insoles of your skates greatly increases the longevity and durability of your skates, plus greatly aides in killing bacteria!
Here’s to a stink-free hockey future!